As the UK’s market and brand leader in showers, Triton continues to grow and is therefore looking for an experienced Design Engineer, who is enthusiastic and adaptable to join the Product Development Team at our Nuneaton offices.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager you will work closely with the Product Development Team and Product Management Team, to design and develop Triton’s new product introduction strategy to innovate and expand the product portfolio.
- Provide design solutions for the development of new products
- Produce full manufacturing specifications, including drawings and engineering BOM’s
- Ensure products are designed to meet regulatory standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Work closely with Product Development Team on projects, from inception to completion
- Create 3D CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks
- Assist in validation testing and development of products
- Ensure design solutions are within the financial and functional parameters
- Prepare reports/records in line with the process in a timely manner
Key skills essential:
- BTEC in Engineering
- Competent in using 3D CAD system
- Produce technical reports
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Experience in designing with plastic materials
- Working to tight timescales and budgets
- Minimum 3 years design of electro-mechanical products
- Previous experience of working in a Product Design capacity
Key skills desirable:
- BTEC Higher Nationals in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Completed engineering apprenticeship
- Knowledge of machined brass components/tolerancing
- Worked in the electrical consumer product sector
Triton offers the opportunity to work with fantastic individuals, good working conditions, a competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday, contributory pension scheme, free car parking and on-site subsidised restaurant.
Please send your CV with a covering email stating your salary aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Triton only considers direct applications from individuals – approaches from agencies will be disregarded.