- Electric Showers (9)
- Hard water (1)
- Inspiration (6)
- Thermostatic (1)
- Triton Showers (4)
- Winter showering advice from TritonJanuary 30th, 2019
- Video - Make Simple Bathroom Updates Safe With Advice From TritonJuly 26th, 2018
- Save Water and Reduce Energy With Triton’s Tips And TricksJuly 11th, 2018
- Top 5 British Innovations Which Make Your First Thing EasierSeptember 26th, 2017
- Three Ways to Make Your Morning Less ManicAugust 25th, 2017
Video - Make Simple Bathroom Updates Safe With Advice From Triton
One of the simplest ways to refresh your bathroom space is to change the shower hose and spray head. Even if the unit itself is in good shape, some accessories can start to look worn out and get clogged with scale over time, especially if you live in a hard water area.
While this quick update may seem harmless, swapping to incompatible and poor quality products can cause serious issues and even pose a threat to your family’s wellbeing.
With this in mind, Triton has launched an initiative to raise awareness of the safety critical nature of shower accessories and the dangers of connecting sub-standard hoses and spray heads.
What you need to know
For starters, not all accessories are suitable for every shower, particularly electric showers. Some spray heads and hoses can only be used with mixer or power shower models. Selecting the incorrect one can cause severe operational problems or lead to the provision of extremely hot water.
In busy family bathrooms, inferior hoses can also become twisted or kinked during use. This restricts water flow which can create unwanted back pressure in an electric shower, as well as a build-up of hot water. The end result in both cases being the potential for users to be exposed to dangerously hot temperatures
This short video shows the impact that choosing the correct accessories has on your shower.
Triton’s top tips for the safest match
- Always check which accessories are appropriate for your shower type. Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure the right replacements are chosen and installed correctly. Triton accessories are quick and easy to fit and the correct options can be paired with most electric, mixer and digital units available in the UK.
- Just because a product is available to buy in this country doesn’t mean it is compliant with the necessary British and European safety standards. Check for the WRAS Approved Product Certification Mark, as shown on Triton’s anti-twist hose which is made from double interlocked stainless steel and keeps water free-flowing at all times.
- In addition to ensuring the ideal accessories are fitted, monitor limescale build up in the shower head to avoid any restriction in water flow. Clever rub clean nozzles and removable spray plates, as featured on many of Triton’s shower heads, help make light work of regular maintenance.